Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

7.12.12

This week I'm grateful for... lights


Ho ho ho... ho... ho. Yeah, ho.

That's just me getting into the Christmas spirit. As you can imagine, it feels a little like someone has attached a dimmer switch to my usual festive brightness. But shine on, I will.

It was rather telling when LOML mentioned that the 'giant star surrounded by wreath' combo that I'd worked up for the fireplace looked like a Communist symbol. Rather telling. I quite liked it, but didn't want the neighbours to get the wrong impression, so I changed it to the scene you see above. There's stars and silver and deer and green bits. That's cheery enough, right? I can do this, right?

I'm okay. Really I am. In actual fact, this week I'm grateful for...

302. Lights - all the Christmas lights that are popping up everywhere are just lifting my spirits. Is it possible to be glum when hundreds of shiny lights are making your eyes twinkle? I am this close to throwing a Santa up on the roof and running some multi-coloured icicle lights over the carport.*

303. Adventure - we are packing to go camping as a family for the very first time ever tomorrow. Luckily we are going with my sister C, a seasoned camper and all-round good sport and we're camping at Tricia's, fellow good sport. They will be kind.

304. Organisation - we finally have everyone moved into the bedroom they are meant to be in and I have a dedicated office-slash-playroom to do my work-from-home work in. Every office needs a built-in playroom. It only took us 18 months to find the time to do it all. I'm saving the kids' bedroom 'reveals' (ha!) for after I get my DSLR for Chrissy... Yes! I'm getting a real-live proper camera. Crappy photographer me is going to make myself be good at pictures! So, the idea is I'll shoot the rooms so I can practice on something that doesn't move first...

Oh, and if you haven't 'liked' Maxabella loves... (that's me) (just in case you forgot where you were for a second) (happens to me all the time) on Facey... please do. I update little things over there sometimes that you might be interested in and it's fun to have a conversation. Always up for one of those!


What's got you grateful this week?



* We don't actually have a carport. Which is probably just as well...

8 comments:

Madeline said...

No way! I'm camping at Tricia's tomorrow too! Also our first time as a family. Look forward to meeting you!

Naturally Carol said...

I hope you have a wonderful time camping..unlike me, we had an unexpected snowfall when I went on my first camping trip..then the car wouldn't start in the morning. It was motels from then on in!

Megan Blandford said...

Hope you love your first camping trip!

Elisa {With Grace and Eve} said...

Loving the lights too, especially miss three's excitement for them! Enjoy camping! Oh, and I think you take great pics already x

Sonia LifeLoveandHiccups said...

Now you know I am totally a twinkle girl so I am so with you on that one.
Have a fabulous time camping lovely. xx

Sam said...

You will have a ball camping, sounds like perfect timing for you..and I think your pics are super without the fancy camera, give yourself a break :)

emma @ frog, goose and bear said...

Did the camping go ahead? I saw on MM's page that they couldn't go in the end. If you did, I'm sure you had a ball - camping is the best! (If the weather is right, otherwise it sucks). Hope all is OK with your gorgeous Maxi Taxi and with you. xo

Pink Ronnie said...

Have fun with your new DSLR camera!! Looking forward to your groovy 'still' shots. :)
Ronnie xo

Post a Comment

Thank you for talking to me.x