Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

17.12.12

The sky in the Yarra


When I was in Melbourne on the weekend I mostly just walked. I walked until my feet were on fire and my eyes were tired from searching the road ahead. What can I see? I constantly asked myself. What can I see?

I saw a boy kiss the bag on a girl's back when she wasn't looking. He looked sheepish, but triumphant.

I saw graffiti that said 'Life is only here because you let it in'.

I saw a yellow mailbox with a bright pink heart.

I saw a beaming red balloon leave a boy's clutched hand and sail off across the sky reflected in the Yarra. Everyone around stopped to watch it go. We all looked for a very long time.

I saw a salsa band that was so cheerfully buoyant that even without sound they would have made me dance.

I saw a bird fall off a branch, dead.

Inside me I saw that there are no dead ends, only good and bad days. Every morning woken with the plain and simple thought: maybe today.

Maybe today.

What are you seeing lately?

[Image by Photoforia]

17 comments:

That Brunette One said...

Im seeing my computer with 101 emails in my inbox!! Ahh this time of year is crazy :(

Kelly Exeter said...

Oh B - I needed to read this today. Such a beautiful post milady :)

Mrs Woog said...

Lovely post Bron xx

Miriam said...

great post - did you dance? I hope you did.... see first and then be brave enough to participate???

Jodi Gibson said...

What a lovely post. Every day is a new day and some days we need to look harder to see what surrounds us. How often do we go through life with blinkers on? It's the little things we miss. Beautiful x

ally said...

I see hope
Just like you
x

Mandy Ferry said...

Oh how nice to simply stop and absorb life. good on you.

tea with lucy said...

what a lovely magical post. beautiful words.

rachel xo

tahlia @ the parenting files said...

I love this post Bron. So poignant.... so real... so much truth....It is amazing what you can see when you ask yourself that question! xx

kell said...

This is lovely to read. I'm seeing lots of goodwill around me which is lovely. Have a good week Bron x

Kirsty said...

I was at the little guy's carol service the other night & the minister spoke of hope. He said that people with hope are people of action. I liked that...it struck a chord.

Maybe today...that struck a chord too.

Megan Blandford said...

Today, definitely. x

mel @ loved handmade said...

Lately I'm seeing things very differently and taking each day one step at a time x

Carli said...

Lovely post Bron x

SarahMac said...

How lovely.

jody said...

Beautiful. Hope you had a great time in Melbourne Bron! xo

rhon said...

I love this post and what fabulousness that you are seeing lately.

Post a Comment

Thank you for talking to me.x