Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

12.12.12

That Every Kid in the Class Thing: part 3


Not a year goes by that I don't promise myself that I will not do that every kid in the class thing. And yet, just like last year (those reindeer noses are my most viewed post ever... all those pinners popping over for a download) (actually, that's not quite true, by far and away this post is my most viewed, but I don't count it 'cos it's bad), I have failed to listen to my own sensible self once again.



I'm kinda glad. Sensible Self Me is not really very much fun. She is big on not-biting-off-more-than-you-can-chewisms and forgetting people's birthdays. I rather prefer to flog myself a bit to make celebrations special. Making loads of stuff for friends is a really nice way to spend some time with the kids too.

So, here we have the 53 Rudolf bags, the idea first repinned from somewhere long ago because I just knew it was the one (you know how you just know). Inside were Malteasers and clinkers and raspberries with candy cane antlers. Candy canes - who on earth eats those things?


Off they went to school today, some Rudolfs looking more deranged than others. No matter. The kids seemed to love the ones with the mismatched eyes and scary blue antlers even more than the 'nice ones'.

There's a Christmas message for us all right there.

Did you do the 'every kid in the class thing' this year? 

If you posted about it, please leave me a link in the comments so I can come share your madness.

Linking up with Kootoyoo's My Creative Space today too.

21 comments:

Toni said...

I'm such an underachiever with this stuff, we don't even do cards for the class!
It's not that I'm a Grinch....
.... or maybe it is?

Bri said...

Now I feel like I SHOULD do the every kid in the class thing... lol

Mrs BC said...

Yes, we do. Recently Mr 8 had a birthday party and invited every kid in the class. We can't bear to have anyone feel left out!
Those reindeers are very dute.
xx

Modern Day Mummying said...

They are so damn cute!! I just baked my bottom off today doing the whole one for the entire class thing! My daughter helped with the first tray of cookies then announced that she was tired and retired her 4 year old bottom to the lounge to watch Playschool! Yep you guessed it - Mummy was stuck decorating 20 cookies not to mention some for the teachers!

Ahhhh... The things we mummies do!

Sophie xo

Housewife in Heels said...

I was feeling pretty good about my one rudolf water bottle.... till I read this post..... You are amazing!!! I've seen that rudolf jaffa amongst the maltesers thing around a bit- but never knew where it originated from. Look forward to seeing what next year brings :) http://www.housewifeinheels.com/2012/12/05/christmas-stuff/

Melissa {Suger} said...

You are mad! FIFTY THREE. Wow. But they look great and there IS something in there for us about the deranged ones. Sometimes the deranged ones ARE the best ones. xo

Lisa@RandomActsOfZen said...

They're gorgeous Bron! Yes we did the whole class thing, this year it was mini gingerbread men and they went down very well x

Kylie Thomson said...

Hey, good to know I'm not alone! My kids did their own cards with candy canes, but I baked 150 christmas biscuits yesterday. Today I spent time in both my kid's classes running a biscuit decorating session. The entire class x 2 decorated trees, stars and gingerbread men with icing and lollies all supplied by me. I love it! :-)

Kylie Thomson said...

P.S. I'm saving your Rudolfs for next year.

fritha strickland said...

this is so cute! x

Jenny said...

Wait until next year when you have all three at school! (We loved our Rudolf!)

Angels have Red Hair said...

I draw the line at cards....but my boys are 12 and 15 now....that's the age where they couldn't be bothered to do anything at all!!

emma @ frog, goose and bear said...

Why yes, I am as mad as you as you know! ;) http://froggooseandbear.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/reindeers-class-gift.html?m=0

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Thank you so much for your 'visit' and lovely comment! :)
I love your Rudolfs, what a brilliant idea!!
Vivienne x

Emily said...

Gorgeous! Not at school yet, but I might borrow this idea for my mums' group.

Katie said...

So so so cute! Love them! I had a go at Reindeer noses last year too and funnily enough that blog post have been pretty popular - especially in the last few weeks!

Miriam said...

These are awesome and your gingerbread house is very classy - ours was a family affair and you can tell!! Hope Melbourne is a blissful treat away :o)

E. said...

You are very brave. The only whole class thing we do at Christmas is a card and a candy cane for each child. The kids at Girl Child's school eat them and many end up going home high on sugar.

I think the reindeers are very cool.

LionessLady said...

The boys wrote their own christmas cards this year which took them all day one Sunday (it was great... they did not fight all day they were so busy concentrating and writing!) And I totes copied your reindeer noses which were an absolute hit! Love your paper bag reindeers. Very crafty!!

Dentist Melbourne Sunday said...

Cool unique design this Christmas.

rhon said...

I did do an every kid in the class thing, but for my students and it was 120 of them. It was madness but incredibly fulfilling.

Post a Comment

Thank you for talking to me.x