Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

30.11.12

This week I'm grateful for... tin cans


Ah, this feels better. I decided to only do Grateful over on VV for a while until I got on top of things around here again. Didn't happen, of course. My "new normal" continues to get the better of me, but not doing Grateful here on Maxabella loves... well, wasn't helping at all.

Just didn't feel right.

And so I'm back, from outer space, and this week I'm grateful for...

299. Trombones - Maxi thought it would give the French Horn a go when he joined the school band next year. The French Horn is known as the hardest brass instrument to play, so I was a little concerned that he-who-gives-as-little-effort-as-possible-to-things would launch himself straight into something like that. Turned out he was more 'suited' to the Trombone and he's so over-the-moon happy about being a trombone player and so, frankly, am I.

300. New rooms - the girls are in their new room. I repeat, the girls are in their new bedroom. The boy is in his new bedroom, repeat, in his new bedroom. And it took under a year and half to make it happen... ... ... when I get my new camera up and running, I will share the fabulousness. You might catch a sneak peek when I share our Chrissy decos this year.

301. Tin cans - I've been punching holes out of them and making them into lanterns for a party we're having a bit later. The image above is from Layer Cake - I'm not quite that clever. My holes look more like squelches, but I'm learning. I've been making them into pencil tins. I've been using them as vases. Behold, the humble tin can.


What's got you grateful this week?

17 comments:

Toni said...

OH, now I'm envious. I've always wanted to punch holes in tin cans.

I'm grateful for woolly socks. It is fair dinkum freezing here in WA.

x

Elisa {With Grace and Eve} said...

Impressed with your tin can creativity! Such an awesome feeling when you create new rooms! Rapt with my girls' rooms (recently complete) too! x

Cam and Jess @ livinglovinggrace.com said...

Oh these tin cans are gorg! Perfect for wedding tables! Just wondering, what type of pain did you use in order for it not to flake? ~J x

Cam and Jess @ livinglovinggrace.com said...

*paint lol

ally said...

yay - you're back here!!
love a tin can project
x

Sam Stone (A Life on Venus) said...

Sounds lovely!

Naturally Carol said...

I would love to see the kids' rooms! That's a great idea painting the inside of the cans and then poking the holes into them...very pretty.

Miss Pink said...

I miss Grateful on here. Like, really miss.
Trombone! How wonderful! Bluey wants to learn the cello. Yeah....where the heck am I supposed to put that?
Cannot wait to see the kids rooms and your Chrissy decorations.

Amanda @ mammajoy said...

Who knew a tin can could look so pretty?! Love taking an everyday object and turning it into something beautiful. I'm grateful for our new pool, which has saved my sanity many times this week. Hot day = hot cranky kids x 4. Throw them all in the pool and 20 minutes later they're like angels again!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

I love the tin cans and I''m grateful for family . Right now the rain has arrived too, xox hope it is filling my tanks .

Lisa@RandomActsOfZen said...

This week I'm grateful that you decided to bring Grateful back here!
I can't wait to see the photos of your two new rooms, and I'm sure you'll have lots of trombone tales in your future xx

Kymmie said...

So lovely to have you back here sharing your gratefuls. Go the trombone player, tin cans, and most of all, new rooms! Can't wait to see the pictures!
x

MultipleMum said...

Can't wait to see the tin cans in action! Nug is playing the trombone next year in his school band too!?! Must be an easy one to learn for boys lacking effort? Can't wait to see you on Sat. It has been too long! x

littlebitofthyme.com said...

nice to have you back here... btw did you paint the insides of the cans?? and what may I ask did you use to prick ze holes with? I know, questions, questions...
x

jody said...

I love the tin cans! I saved mine from last nights dinner to do the same thing!! great minds. xo

Karen at MomAgain@40 said...

Great idea about the cans!!

Housewife in Heels said...

I've been saving my son's formula cans for an idea I had for a party... but might have to recycle them into lanterns when I'm done :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for talking to me.x