Happy Friyay to you! Friday is my favourite day of the week. Yes, I still have to go to work (although I get to work Fridays from home every fortnight... heeeello clean floors!), but the anticipation of two whole days of whatever we like is enough to make me happy. Like any journey, sometimes the anticipation of the weekend is more exciting than the actual weekend, because in my daydreams there are no whingers, whiners, tantrumers or 'mum can I?'s. Just good old fashioned promise.
And speaking of anticipation... here's my wrap up of the week that was...
1. I need to own Jasper Conran’s new book Country . It just looks like a beautiful record of a country I love. The images are divine (see the one above), it's beautifully written, it's big.
2. There’s a villa in Northern Umbria called Villa Capanne and I really, really want to go there. I just know I would be very happy there.
3. MultipleMum taught me that, not surprisingly, there’s a site dedicated to Mary watching. I'd forgotten how super-stylish and proper Mary was until zooming through this site.
4. If you promise something and you don't do the promise, you break the love (so true, Maxi-Taxi!)
5. One of the best ‘treats’ for little people is plain potato chips. They have potato, salt and oil. That’s it.
6. How to reupholster a recliner in a step-by-step fashion that I think even I can follow. This is important because we have the world’s ugliest beige recliner that was LOML’s grandfather’s. Getting it professionally reupholstered would be a bit ridiculous as the chair is older than myself, but it’s just so comfy! Wish me luck.
7. My new favourite ‘activities for kidlettes’ site is Kiddley and I'm also very impressed with Planning with Kids.
8. Natalie Bassingthwaighte has called her first-born Harper Rain. Ho hum. I find this ‘unique names’ approach is all a bit samey-samey, really. Bit irritating, actually.
9. After a 40 year pattern of women waiting to give birth until after 30 (a pattern I contributed to), Australian women are beginning to have their babies in their 20s again. I think this is great news.
10. From Polkadotbug*, a step-by-step tutorial on how to make a reversible dress for little girls. How handy is this? You're out and about, they spill, you turn the dress over, they're good to go!
Did you learn anything special this week?
PS - You know you want a flogging... go on now... head on over to Lori's for FYBF.
PPS - Today I'm also linking up with New Friend Friday at Trendy Treehouse!
* Looks like an old blog as there are no updates this year... but the tutorial rocks so I'm sad she's closed up shop!